The editors and contributors of Fiction Writers Review cordially invite you to celebrate Short Story Month with them. Details below!
Short story lovers everywhere
The entire month of Maycoverage starts Sunday, May 1. As part of the celebration, we’ll have special weekend posts, too!
Here’s just a preview of the content we’ll be featuring:
- Reviews of fantastic story collections
- Interviews with master short story writers like Mary Gaitskill and Robert Boswell
- “Stories We Love” blog posts – writers on the stories that inspire themand why
- Book of the Week and Journal of the Week giveaways highlighting short stories
- Special weekend content – short stories online for instant reading gratification, plus writing prompts to get you started on pieces of your own
- The Collection Giveaway Project – chances to win FREE short story collections from writing blogs all over the internet
- And more!
Because we believe that short stories are more than “five-finger exercises,” workshop fodder, or writerly warm-ups. Because we see short stories as art forms in their own right, not lesser siblings of the novel. Because we admire how short stories can contain entire worlds in the span of just a few pages. Because, in short, we believe short stories are worth celebrating, and we hope that you do too.