Based on my abysmal guesses last year, I can’t provide a reliable cheat sheet for your Oscar pool. But I can provide linkage:
- an interview with Slumdog Millionaire/Q&A author Vikas Swarup, discussing Simon Beaufoy’s film adaptation of his novel;
- a thoughtful piece from Garth Risk Hallberg on Revolutionary Road–the book, the film adaptation, and why the latter might not be up for more gold statues;
- a review of Milk from the New York Review of Books;
- BookFox’s critique of the adaptation of “New Boy,”one of the live-action short film contenders (FYI, you can download any of the short film nominees on iTunes);
- a piece from the London Review of Books‘ Andrew O’Hagan, on why the Oscars matter.