Yes, we here are FWR are hardworking editors bringing you the best reviews, interviews, and essays we can find—but we’re also writers ourselves. So we’re happy to share that Celeste Ng, our own editor-at-large (and longtime blog editor) has a story up on Five Chapters.
If you’re not familiar with Five Chapters, they’re a great online journal publishing one story each week, in five parts—a little throwback to the old days of serial literature. Celeste’s story, “The Kind of Man,” features a troubled marriage, a meddling father-in-law, a nine-year-old with an unfortunate crush, and… Dick Cheney? Don’t worry: the entire story is now available to read online in a single shot.
Like what you read? Five Chapters has a backlist that can keep you reading for weeks, including many writers featured on FWR. Being a wee bit biased, we especially recommend these stories by FWR contributors:
- Allison Amend’s “All the Little Angles“
- Dean Bakopoulos’s “Say Anything“
- Michael Byers’ “Darver’s Big Idea“
- Margaret Lazarus Dean’s “Lives of the Great Baristas“
- Valerie Laken’s “Scavengers“
- Preeta Samarasan’s “Sujata“
- Laura van den Berg’s “Here Is Your Weather“
But really, it’s hard to go wrong in this well-curated collection.