Even if you haven’t read his interview with Tobias Wolff or Jeremy’s interview with him on FWR, I hope you’ve all read Travis Holland’s astoundingly good, non-debutish debut novel The Archivist’s Story–which is now on the Impac Dublin shortlist, chosen over the works of literary heavyweights like Coetzee and Roth.
Courtesy of the Guardian, here’s the full shortlist; the winner (who wins an award of €100,000) will be announced on June 11, 2009.
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
- Ravel by Jean Echenoz
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- The Archivist’s Story by Travis Holland
- The Burnt-Out Town of Miracles by Roy Jacobsen
- The Indian Clerk by David Leavitt
- Animal’s People by Indra Sinha
- Man Gone Down by Michael Thomas
EDIT 4/7/09: And check out this great review of The Archivist’s Story from the Irish Times (thanks, Jeremy, for forwarding).