We here at Fiction Writers Review are excited to hit AWP and catch up with our friends and contributors.
All throughout the conference, you can find us at our Bookfair table (N16)—come by and say hi!
And here’s a partial list of FWR-related events:
Thursday, March 1st:
- 12 pm – “Beyond the Workshop”: Contributor Margaret Lazarus Dean and other panelists explore new ways of teaching creative writing. (Private Dining Room 2, Hilton Chicago, 3rd Floor)
- 7 pm – University of Michigan Reception: Contributor Valerie Laken reads along with Darcie Dennigan. (Marquette, Hilton Chicago Hotel 3rd Floor<)
Friday, March 2nd:
- 9 am – “From Question to Quest”: Redefining Creative Nonfiction in the Field: A panel including FWR Editor-in-chief Jeremiah Chamberlin and friend of FWR Jesmyn Ward. (Astoria, Hilton Chicago, 3rd Floor)
- 1:30 pm – “Reinventing Realism: The Craft of Alice Munro”: Panel discussion including contributor Michael Byers.
- 2:30 pm – Book signing with National Book Award winner Jesmyn Ward: We’ll have copies of Salvage the Bones for sale, too. (FWR bookfair table, N16)
- 8:30 pm – Reading and Conversation with Esmeralda Santiago and Jesmyn Ward: Come hear two of this year’s National Book Award winners! (Grand Ballroom, Chicago Hilton Hotel, 2nd Floor)
Saturday, March 3rd:
- 12 pm – “Culture Survives Scott Walker: Milwaukee Writes and Milwaukee Reads”: Panel of four nationally known fiction writers, including FWR contributor Valerie Laken. (Grand Ballroom, Palmer House Hilton, 4th Floor)
- 4:30 pm – “Michigan at Thirty: An Alumni Reading” Contributing Editor Natalie Bakopoulos will be reading along with other recent graduates.
Contributors, if we missed your event, let us know in the comments below, and we’ll add it to the list!