They may be in dire financial straits, but several publishers are reaching out to Haiti anyway. GalleyCat reports that Random House is donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund and Partners in Health. Its parent corporation, Bertelsmann AG, is adding 100,000 euros, while Time/TIME Inc. is releasing a book on Haiti with proceeds to benefit earthquake victims.
If you’re still looking for ways to donate, here are some options:
- SMS text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief effort; it will appear on your phone bill
- SMS text “YELE” to 501501 to Donate $5 to Yele Haiti’s Earthquake Relief efforts
- Donate directly to the Red Cross at their website
- Donate to UNICEF or CARE using Google Checkout or through any of the links listed on that page
- Visit MSNBC’s comprehensive list of ways to donate
Every little bit helps.