The Short Story Month celebration continues all over:
- Follow author Emma Straub on her year-long, 12-city “book tour” for her collection Other People We Married. She writes, “There are twelve stories in Other People We Married, and each story takes place in a different location. Every month for the next year, I will read a story in its location, or as close as I can get. This blog will follow my travels, my snacks, my impulse-buys, and more. For bonus points, send me a photo of OPWM in an exotic locale, and I will post it here, and send you a postcard in return.”
- On NPR, Karen Russell explains her love for Kelly Link’s short stories.
- At Andrew’s Book Club, writers share appreciations of recent stories and story collections.
- Everything Must Go, starring Will Ferrell and based on the Raymond Carver story “Why Don’t You Dance?“, is in theaters everywhere.
- NPR celebrates Short Story Month with 15 interviews with short-form writers from its archives.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt celebrates Short Story Month with a weekly “Win a Book” giveaway
- Speaking of winning books, don’t forget about the Collection Giveaway Project, hosted right here on FWR and featuring 18+ blogs giving away collections this month.
Got more short-story related goodness? Let us know in the comments! And check back every day this montheven weekendsfor more Short Story Month here on FWR.